The facts of distracted driving may appall you. Statistics show that this is a serious and leading cause of auto accidents. So what are drivers focusing on instead of the road?
There are three types of distracted driving:
- Manual – moving your hand from the steering wheel
- Visual – moving your eyes away from the road
- Cognitive – bringing your brain out of the road
Our distracted driving infographic shows you just how serious these statistics are.
Tweet These Statistics
- Tweet: 4,898 fatal car crashes involve distracted driving.
- Tweet: Your risk of getting into a car accident is multiplied by FOUR when you’re talking on the phone.
- Tweet: Your risk of getting into a car accident multiplies by TWENTY-THREE when you’re texting and driving.
- Tweet: 666,000 people in the U.S. are driving distracted.
- Tweet: 5,000 people are killed and 440,000 are injured by distracted driving yearly.
If you are looking for an auto accident attorney, call The Barber Law Firm today at (866)986-1529 or fill our our online form.
Share this Image On Your Site
Please include attribution to http://barberlaw.wpengine.com/ with this graphic.