The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration reports that in 2009, more than 5,000 people died and more than 440,000 were injured in vehicle accidents caused by distracted driving. At The Barber Law Firm, we are committed to helping end distracted driving. We want to share information on the things you can do to help eliminate this problem once and for all.
Tips to Reduce Distractions Behind the Wheel
There are several things that you can do to help end distracted driving. They are extremely easy steps to follow and can determine whether or not you arrive at your destination safely.
- Don’t drive while receiving or sending text messages.
- If you have to listen to voice mail or check for texts, pull over first.
- If you’re a passenger in a vehicle, help make sure the driver isn’t distracted.
- Have your passenger make a call or check your texts for you.
- Let your friends and family members know when you are about to get on the road so that they will not try to call or text you.
- Don’t change your CDs, check social media sites or look at your IPad until you have pulled over.
Commit Yourself to the Cause
Car accident statistics are staggering. Don’t add to them. Do your part to end distracted driving by following safe practices on the road, whether you’re driving or you are a passenger in a vehicle. The more you and others can do to keep your focus on the road, the safer everyone will be in the long run. If you are interested in learning more, contact The Barber Law Firm at 972-525-2550.